Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wyoming Trip

So, here's the story, albeit short, of our weekend trip to the newly finished Wyoming cabin:

We were in the car for a total of 2 minutes and 37 seconds when Jared and Rowan simultaneously said, “I need to go to the bathroom. I really, really need to go.” “Yeah, me too, me too.” And you thought this stuff only happens in movies!

But, it was a good thing we went back, because we forgot Rowan’s shoes! Nice going mom and dad.

Once we finally hit the road, it was “road trips as usual” –
  • Way too much candy
  • A lot of hoping for a long nap from Reese
  • Kids begging for lame gas station toys
  • Several games of “I Spy” in which Rowan, when it is his turn to spy, reveals his answer after one person makes a guess –
  • Rowan: “I spy wiff my wittle eye somfin bwue.”
  • Wendy: “Is it the duffel bag?”
  • Rowan: “No, it’s the MAP!”







We made our way through Park City (pretty drive) and Evanston (not so pretty), then onto Star Valley (pretty again). Here is the view as you pull up to the driveway to the newly built cabin (the cabin is that white spot tucked behind the trees):



The air was fresh, crisp, and smelled like pine…until Reese did a number in her diaper. No worries about mountain lions and bears for at least 1 hour.

Unfortunately, things take a turn for the worse…Friday night, Wendy was hit with some sort of stomach virus. So, she was out of commission for the day.

Leaving our fallen hero, the kids and I took a 4 wheeler ride through the property and up to the mountains behind the house.

We went to the park for lunch. Everyone had fun, except for little Michael. There's a lot going on in the video, but watch the right right steering wheel:




Later that night, I felt a little like Michael. You see, Wendy kindly passed her virus in my direction. So, Saturday, I was the one up all night participating in activities (that I will not mention) related to a vicious stomach virus. Jared also got the virus, but he was much tougher than mom and dad. We’re just glad it was only a 24 hour virus. 

All that being said, we all had fun and can’t wait to get back.

4 comments:

Matt and Dionne said...

Awww, my poor baby:( That clip still makes me cringe.
P.S. Matt was blowin' chunks this morning and is currently still in bed.

Steve said...

OUCH. He will have neck problems no doubt.

Heidi said...

Is he OK?
I hope so.
As Kamron would say, "Good thing kids are made of rubber".
Your Dad's voice on the video is funny!
Rowan playing Eye Spy... Ha ha ha ha! That made me laugh b/c I've played with him many times!

john said...

nice post. you have well define the bolg thanks
freelancer