Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gender Excitement

Last Saturday something interesting happened. A brand new Wal Mart opened in Highland Village, the town next to ours. And no.....that's not the interesting part. The interesting thing was how excited Wendy got when she saw it. I couldn't believe someone could get so excited about a Wal Mart! She squealed like a little girl on Christmas morning - LITERALLY! Then, after squealing, she screamed, "I can't believe this! This is sooooo AWESOME!"


After gaining my senses and putting my thoughts through my constantly evolving "sensitivity filter," I looked at her to see if she was serious --- she was. Then, while I was sensitively asking her, "ARE YOU KIDDING! HOW CAN YOU GET SO EXCITED ABOUT..."


That's when I saw it - I saw it go by through the passenger side window. It stopped me mid-sentence. I couldn't breath. I couldn't think. Suddenly, without my control, I began squealing like a little girl on Christmas morning - LITERALLY! Then, after squealing, I screamed, "I can't believe this! That is sooooo AWESOME! Do you realize what that is? {blah blah blah, bablah bablah blah blah}." Here is what I saw, and yes, I even took a picture of it:




I assure you, Wendy thought I was nuts for getting so excited over a car. Some of you probably don't even know what it is (it's a Lamborghini Murcielago). She can't understand why anyone would pay $325,ooo for a car that only seats 2 and doesn't even have room for a stroller.


So, what's the difference? It's DNA. That's the difference. If you don't believe me, read this:

Human Genome Discovery

9 comments:

Ammon said...

So, what you're saying is that women are practical and men are not. :P
I'm with you, Wendy. Take me to Wal-mart-to SAVE money over needlessly wasting it any day!

Alex Perry said...

That is so funny! I can totally picture you two doing that too. :)

Anonymous said...

Funny! Why do men flip out over cars? Nate does the same thing. You guys must be thinking the exact opposite. Why do women get excited about Wal-Marts, TJ Max and Kohls?

Anonymous said...

When I see a TJ Max, Kohl's, or Ross, I immediately think of Pain, Suffering, and endless fire and torment. I squeal the same way Wendy did when she saw the Wal-Mart, when I see a Crown Burger.

Anonymous said...

This Wal-Mart is a unique one of a kind Wal-Mart. It's the only one like it in the world. Seriously... it's a really cool Wal-Mart. It's nicer than our Target. It has a Sushi Bar in in, 2 Dunkin Donuts, a Bike shop instead of a auto shop. Everything is very clean and organized and even the logo is in silver instead of the blue. Anyways, I just wanted to put in perspective for everyone why Wendy was so excited. Ben, I think the yellow car is tacky and it looks like something a red neck would have hanging on their wall. Ha!
:)

Anonymous said...

Ben, I think they were having some sort of sports car convention here this weekend. I saw two other cars like that one. One was red and I think it was a lambergini (SP?)...and I saw another crazy space age thing that was silver. Sorry, I didn't think to take a pic. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, in my defense.. I wouldn't typically be so excited over a Wal-mart, except, like Heidi said, it is the only one like it in the world (according to my neighbor), and we finally have one closer to us that I'm not scared to go to by myself at night. Also, Heidi and I have a place to go shopping after our kids are in bed for as long as we want. And also, I always save so much on my groceries when I go to Wal-mart instead of our local grocery store. Hmmm.. Ben, it's funny you mention your "constantly evolving sensitivity filter". I wasn't aware of any filter.

McKenzie Larson said...

I would die just to get an average, run-down, run-of -the-mill Wal Mart at this point!! A Wal Mart like the fancy one you described is the stuff my dreams are made of!! Family Dollar is the best this town can do.

McKenzie Larson said...

Ben, if a car like that one ever drove through this valley, there would be an article about UFO sightings...nobody would know what that was!!