Monday, November 5, 2007

Grandpas


Who's that man in the black hat wearing shades? Most people in this world have no idea. But, to me, he is a hero. I have ALWAYS looked up to him as an example of character, hardwork, loyalty, and love. Even when he is cussing at me - I know he loves me! Even when we are arguing about who's the best golfer in history - Tiger or Nicklaus - I know he loves me. And, even though we have lived miles away for most of my life, I feel the influence of his prayers and unconditional love for me. Perhaps the greatest tribute I can pay him is to let him know this - While growing up, there were many times, when facing decisions, I would ask myself, "What would Grandpa do in this situation?" or, "How would Grandpa feel about this?" or, "What would Grandpa tell me to do right now?" To this day, I still find myself asking the same questions. I love you Grandpa!


Passing on the tradition...

3 comments:

McKenzie Larson said...

awww. that was really nice...I think grandpa's influence is felt in all of our lives. He's definitely a solid example and a great role model.

Anonymous said...

Ben, you do have an awesome Grandpa (and grandma)! It's neat to see such a special relationship. That's something we never really had growing up since our grandparents died when we were so young.

Anonymous said...

Ben, I wrote a nice comment and it didn't get published!! I must have done something wrong....
I think your Grandpa and Grandma must be so proud and how wonderful to honor them while they are alive and can know of your love and respect. I wish I could go back and visit my Grandmother and my Mother and tell them how much I appreciate all they did for me - they would have loved all of you so much.