Monday, June 18, 2007

Am I My Brother's Keeper?

Just a quick story from our family reunion here in Sundance.

Background:

While at home, Jared (5) and Rowan (3) share bunk beds. Occassionally, Rowan will wake up crying in the middle of the night due to a nightmare about bugs or bees. Usually, the crying awakes Jared, and we can hear Jared, from the top bunk, saying, "I'm right here Rowan. I'm up here. It's okay, Rowey." And from time to time, Jared will climb into Rowan's bed and sleep with him in order to help him go back to sleep.

Quick Story:

Here at the family reunion, me, Wendy, and the kids are all sharing a bedroom. The boys are in bunk beds and Reese is in a crib. Well, last night Jared woke up at about 3:30 am with a nightmare. He was crying and calling for "mommy and daddy." To make things worse for him, he didn't know where he was. Then, before Wendy and I could respond, we heard Rowan say, "Jawed, I wight here Jawed. Jawed cwying. Jawed, isss okay, I wight here."

We thought it was pretty cute and it was neat to see and hear.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Thats a good posting...

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. I hope my kids are like that.

Anonymous said...

Those boys definately got that from their mother and grandmothers. Their dad and this granddad probably would've taken a less loving approach. What a cute story.

Colette said...

I wish I could give them both a hug right now.

McKenzie Larson said...

That story makes me miss those 2. I have always thought Rowan was such a sweet little thing. I can't wait to see them next week. Everyday Will asks, "how many more days until Jared comes?" He is sooo excited!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! That is so sweet. Jared and Rowan are so special. So is liitle Reese!