Saturday, June 16, 2007

Straight Road Trippin' - Day 2



We headed out this morning with Moab on our minds. But, before that we had "The Land of Enchantment" to deal with. I'm sure the "enchantment" is somewhere out there, but we didn't see it. New Mexico is quite boring. We ate lunch in Albuquerque, then headed for Gallup.


Halfway between Albuquerque and Gallup we stopped in a little town called Grants. Here we paid a visit to the New Mexico Mining Museum. They had a simulated underground uranium

mine. It was interesting and the boys had a blast.

Our drive between Gallup and Cortez, CO was a bit frustrating. Most of the time we were on a Navajo Indian reservation. I can't tell you how many times I got stuck behind an almost broken down 1981 Ford pickup with a 50 something year old Indian behind the wheel. Without fail each Indian was driving 45 mph in a 65 mph on a two lane road. I also thought it was ironic that everyone of the Indians was wearing a cowboy hat.

Today's music:

Jack Johnson
Dave Matthews Band
Kenneth Cope
Rascal Flatts

The drive from Cortez to Moab was a pretty one and I was excited to get to there. It was my first time there and I had always wanted to go. We had dinner at Buck's Grill House and it was super good. It is a pretty nice restaurant and the food was awesome. Wendy had the Buffalo Meat Loaf and I had Chicken Diablo. I recommend it.


Tomorrow we will hit the Arches National Park then head for American Fork.

No comments: